Friday, August 7, 2009
For the many times I have been driving my brother to his football practice, I never noticed that just a few streets down was the cemetery where my grandparents are buried. After a long time gap, I decided to visit them. Everything was the same at the cemetery, just more people underground. Curious as I was, I decided to look around because I haven't see this many people before. There were new plaques that weren't featured when Lola or Lolo died. Even if we did see those plaques, I don't think our family could afford them. Plus the plaque Lola and Lolo has is nice. As I plucked out the dead carnations from the bouquet that was placed for the both for them, I looked around at the new neighbors. There was one plaque in particular that I saw while walking to the trash can. Born in 1989, died in 2009. He and I almost the same age! It broke my heart to see someone who died so young. The plaque featured pictures of him through his life with various people. I don't know him at all, and here I am ready to cry my eyes out. I made a small note to myself that I should drop by and say hi to him, as well as the other neighbors the next time I see Lola and Lolo.

I make it seem like the dead are really alive. I'm not delusional. I know my grandparents are dead. I wish they were alive, but they are not. I guess its something to do with respect. Hm... I'll figure it out soon...
posted by Kat at 5:57 PM |

0 Comments: