Wednesday, June 24, 2009




Almost two years ago, while I was in high school, my friend and I used to exchange notes. Among those notes were lyrics that we could relate to. We would dissect lyrics, finding out which chunk of the lyrics would relate to use, and which ones we could through out the window. It was fun, and it helped a lot when it came down to expressing ourselves. She gave me an idea that I should dissect lyrics and post em up here. She suggested that it may help me let some of how I feel out of my body. Perhaps... this will help. So, along with my fun lyrics post, I will also be dissecting some of em...

"Hear Me Out"

I join the queue on your answerphone
And all i am - is holding breath
Just pick up i know you're there
Can't you hear - i'm not myself
(well, techinically, its just beem messages via facebook and such. I asked him something on Monday, and it is now Wednesday and I do not have an answer. For the most part, I still need to talk to him about something that making my heart crack).

Oh go ahead and lie to me
You could say anything
Small talk will be - just fine
(Yeah, he only sent me a small answer, telling me he'll double check. I'm still waiting, and my heart is still cracking).
Your voice is everything
We owe it to love
And it all depends on you
(I always believed that the small things could make a world of difference--especially if distance plays a role. I mean, if you haven't seen or heard of you significant other in a very long time, it makes you day when you get a call from them. I don't know, I sort of experienced this like.. during fall semester.)

Chorus: So listen up - this sun hasn't set
I refuse to believe that it's only me feeling
(Maybe he's feeling something as well. Maybe... he seems so stoic sometimes...)
Just hear me out - i'm not over you yet
(well, we're not broken up. Although...it sort of feels like it. I don't know.)
It's love on the line can you handle it?
( I don't know. Can I? Can HE?)

So how do i do normal?
(LOL who can?)
The smile i fake - the permanent wave of
Cue cards and fix it kits
Can't you tell - i'm not myself
( I sometimes wonder if he read me still. I'm pretty easy to read anyway. I don't know...)

I'm a slow motion accident
Lost in coffee rings - and fingerprints
I don't - wanna feel - anything
But i do
And it all comes back to you
(jsakjhslkjksjdldaj very true.)

Chorus


So listen up
Look at me straight
Just hear me out
Don't make me wait
I'm not myself
I can't take this
Love's on the line
Is that your final answer
(he's making me wait. I want to tell him how i feel. I want him to understand, and well, I hope he does...)

I join the queue on your answerphone
And all i am - is holding breath
Just pick up i know you're there......
(I see you online. Why won't you talk to me? If you don't want to go, then just tell me, but just let me say something then...)

Chorus



In irony to this post publication... he finally messaged me back with an answer... wonderful LOL ...

posted by Kat at 3:16 PM |

0 Comments: