Friday, February 27, 2009
I think I will just make this blog... a lyric blog? I'm just going to post up lyrics that define my mood, or if I find a new song and I'll just put my opinion about that song and then post up the lyrics. I don't know. I sometimes wish I could find a different blog where I can keep to myself, because I am too lazy to write in my actual journal (LOL I should really continue with my journal though). Anyway, let's get to the music/lyrics.

I've been listening to the Coraline Movie Soundtrack because I loved the movie, and I loved the music for it too. It creeps the hell out of me, plus that song "Dreaming" has been my lullaby ever since I got the soundtrack. Very much like a music box that has a claw coming out, trying to kill you. Very strange way to put it, but I don't know how else to explain it. Now I study with that song.

I never got a chance to take a good look on the music from the movie "Wall-e". I should have because I keep watching it. Anyway, enough about my procrastination. I've been listening to "Define Dancing" by Thomas Newman. I'm not sure what it is about this song, but it makes me nostalgic. I don't know either. Once I figure it out, I'll elaborate it on my livejournal.

There is this song by Straylight Ray that I actually knew about while I was in high school. I remember this song because my friends were playing it and they sang it at the band banquet as well. I remember I asked my friend what the name of the song was, and he would tell me, then I would forget because the name was too complicated to remember. So several months pass by and I finally found out how the spell one of the words and I listened to it. The song is called "Existentialism On Prom Night". Yes, Prom Night. I'm not even sure why the used Prom Night. Maybe prom night is supposed to be one of those single moments where you have a sudden epiphany; maybe it has to due with a rude awakening of something. I'm not sure. The word "existentialism" was the word I couldn't figure out. I looked it its definition:

ex⋅is⋅ten⋅tial⋅ism

[eg-zi-sten-shuh-liz-uhm, ek-si-] Show IPA –noun Philosophy. a philosophical attitude associated esp. with Heidegger, Jaspers, Marcel, and Sartre, and opposed to rationalism and empiricism, that stresses the individual's unique position as a self-determining agent responsible for the authenticity of his or her choices.

The image in my head was like a post-prom night. If any of you have been to prom, it was like those moments where you and your group of friends would go somewhere peaceful after prom. It was like a "where do you we go from here?" moment. Here are the lyrics, so at you can see where I am trying to get at here...

"Existentialism On Prom Night"

When the sun came up,
We were sleeping in,
Sunk inside our blankets,
Sprawled across the bed,
And we were dreaming,

There are moments when,
When I know it and
The world revolves around us,
And we're keeping it,
Keep it all going,
This delicate balance,
Vulnerable all knowing,

Sing like you think no one's listening,
You would kill for this,
Just a little bit,
Just a little bit,
You would, kill for this

Sing like you think no one's listening,
You would kill for this,
Just a little bit,
Just a little bit,
You would, you would...

Sing me something soft,
Sad and delicate,
Or loud and out of key,
Sing me anything,
we're glad for what we've got,
Done with what we've lost
Our whole lives laid out right in front of us,

Sing like you think no one's listening,
You would kill for this,
Just a little bit,
Just a little bit,
You would,

Sing like you think no one's listening,
You would kill for this,
Just a little bit,
Just a little bit,
You would, you would....

Sing me something soft,
Sad and delicate,
Or loud and out of key,
Sing me anything.


so yeah. I think it explains a lot of now. I hope you actually look up these/this song and listen to it. Meh, okie. I have to go and study for my Pre-Calc Gateway that I really don't want to take. I hope you all enjoy your day!

posted by Kat at 8:47 AM |

0 Comments: